Saturday, January 3, 2009

Contemplating the Future of Emerging Pentecostal

I don't do resolutions. But goals are the fruit of a different tree, you dig?

Resolutions are wishes, and are about as effective as hunting for an elusive leprechaun in order to extract from him his magical pot of gold at the end of a skittle rainbow. Goals, on the other hand, emerge from a clear recognition of one's sense of vocation and purpose. I'll say it again: goals are the fruit of a different tree.

One of my goals is to limit and make more sense of my internet footprint. This goal stems from a desire to open up vistas of apprenticeship for people within the AG and larger pentecostal tribe who want to bridge a sense of orthodoxy with a practice of following Jesus that makes sense in 21st century USAmerica. At the moment, I'm practically the sole contributor to what's known as our "hyphenated-emergent" expression of faith, Emerging Pentecostal.  This is okay, if not entirely redundant.  The problem for me, though is twofold: one, I'm managing a very myopic conversation; two, there are many more voices waiting to be heard.  Now that the problem has been identified, it's time to come up with a good solution.  I'm planning to let go the lease on the EP domain name in April, after which time I hope we've generated enough conversation to have a plan. Maybe we can teleconference at tokbox.com.


1 comment:

  1. This is so where I am at right now. Keep me posted. I want to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete